Pet hair can be an extreme annoyance, especially hairs that stick stubbornly onto carpets. These are a chore to remove.
They can also be a bane for those who are asthmatic or are allergic to them.
Looking for the best pet vacuum to help you complete your cleaning task efficiently is a headache, with so many vacuum companies claiming that their products do a thorough job.
What to look for
Hair tends to stick doggedly to your carpets, so the quest for a vacuum that can remove them efficiently is an important one. A quality vacuum should have the following characteristics.
- Suction Strength – Pet hair seems to stay no matter what you do to remove it. A vacuum should have powerful suction to thoroughly remove dirt, particles and of course, embedded hair particles.
- A HEPA Filter – Removing animal hair thoroughly is a concern if you have family members who are asthmatic. A good vacuum should have an efficient HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter that prevents dander from escaping into the air. HEPA filters have been approved by the United States Department of Energy, and satisfy strict standards.
- Bag/Bagless – Vacuums should preferably have no bags. The dust in a vacuum bag may overwhelm you or those in your household who are allergic. A bagless vacuum solves such problems. If the vacuum has a bag, it should come with a dust bag indicator that reminds you to empty it.
Rotating Brushes And Other Accessories
A vacuum cleaner for pet hair should be accompanied by rotating brushes and other accessories that help remove it from carpets.
Some first-rate vacuums have nifty built-in attachments that remove hair from precious carpets and other inaccessible places easily.
Here are the 5 best vacuums currently available:
1. Miele S 7210 Twist
This nifty vacuum has:
- Miele’s patented SwivelNeck technology
- Automatic height adjustment
- An Air Clean Filter
- Miele’s Air Clean Sealed System
- An integrated dusting brush
- A crevice nozzle
- A rotary dial speed control
- Multiple on board attachments
Miele is a company that joins the racks of Dyson and Bissell in creating products that never cease to amaze.
The company applies its patented SwivelNeck technology to the Miele S 7210 Twist. The easy rotation assures easy movement.
For those whose floors are fully carpeted, this vacuum is a relief. It has four levels of suction power. The incorporated dusting brush and other attachments draw out hair in no time at all.
A drawback of this vacuum is that the filter does not follow HEPA standards. Some users have also complained that this product is not durable.
2. Eureka Boss
Featured in the Eureka Boss is:
- A stretch hose
- Integrated attachments
- A 15 inch cleaning path
- A motorized brush
- A 12 Amp motor
- A HEPA standard filter
The stretch hose on the Eureka Boss allows it a great reach. A wide, 15 in cleaning path is also a boon.
An integrated attachments and an adjustable motorized brush are lifesavers for those trying desperately to keep their carpets free of hair. Hard floors, too, are not a problem for the Eureka Boss.
At under $150, it is also highly affordable when compared to other cleaners.
Customers have reported a few minor flaws, such as its heaviness, difficult maneuverability and a high noise level.
3. Dyson DC28 Animal
This handy vacuum includes:
- A motorized brushbar
- Dyson’s root cyclone technology
- A HEPA filter
- A 5/8 bagless bin capacity
- Airmuscle technology
Dyson applies its patented root cyclone technology to this vacuum. Its suction is consistent, with no clogging.
Dyson’s patented Root Cyclone Technology means that animal hair is no longer a nuisance. Airmuscle technology combines three cleaner types, each adjustable to clean different floors, including carpets.
That it has been certified asthma friendly is further relief.
Customers have reported good performance on surfaces and are satisfied with the vacuum’s HEPA filtration.
However, some find it very heavy and report a few durability concerns. It is also more expensive than other cleaners.
4. Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary Edition U6485900
This dynamic vacuum includes:
- Patented WIndTunnel Technology
- A HEPA filter
- Non marring wheels
- Integrated accessories and a pet hair tool
- D Grip Adjustable handle
This vacuum is self-propelled or easy maneuverability. The D Grip and adjustable height make it easy to hold.
An integrated dirt finder system locates annoying, unseen hairs.
For those who are both pet and carpet owners, this model is a prize find. It cleans your carpets without leaving ugly marks behind. Built to North American Electrical Standards, it has an efficient HEPA filter.
The pet tool and integrated accessories and rotating brushes remove hair from hard to reach places.
Users awarded it high marks for being able to draw hair out from both carpeted and hardwood floors. It is also highly affordable,
If cost is an issue, the Eureka Boss is great value for money. It is a dynamic, well-accessorized cleaner that comes at a low price.
For easy movement, choose the Miele S7210 Twist, which has a swivel neck for convenient turning as you vacuum.
Select the Dyson for its root cyclone technology if what you require is greater suction strength.
Finally, if you do not want your carpets to be spoiled by cleaners, choose the Hoover WindTunnel Anniversary Edition. Its wheels are guaranteed not to mar carpets.
Other Tips For Removing Cat and Dog Hair From Carpets